Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Inspiration: You never know when it will hit.

Inspiration truly does strike at the most unexpected moments. The other day I was pulling into the driveway, muttering curses at the garbage men who left the trash barrel in my way - again. Then like a bolt from the blue I knew exactly how to phrase my theme for Earthen Vessels. Mind you, this has been tickling at the back of my brain literally for years. I always knew what the theme was, even felt I'd developed it fully in the text, but couldn't state it in a compelling and concise way. Until now:

"What is the value of hope and freedom and human dignity, and what is the value of life without them? This is a story about the series of exchanges that make up the balance of life."

FINALLY! It's like when you finally get the sliver out of your finger. The question that's been stuck in my brain for years is finally resolved in 36 little words! WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment