Thursday, September 20, 2012

Central Casting

At our most recent writers' group meeting I was pleased to see some new faces. We are becoming an ecclectic bunch, raning from age from high school to post-retirement, rpresenting genres from fantasy to hisotrical western, non-fiction to poetry.
One member commented that it is sometimes helpful (and just fun) for writers to imagine  their book as a movie. I've done that countless times, and even refer to "scenes" rather than "passages" in the novel.
In imagining this hypothetical film, a primary question is who would you want to play each part? When I started Earthen Vessels 20 years ago, I had certain actors in mind who are now probably too old for the parts.
I'm thinking maybe Rito Moreno for Yovana.


Maybe Edward James Olmos


 or Tony Plana for either Raul or Salvador,

Judging just by this picture, Adan Canto for Caleb Luis?
 
 
I'm at a bit of a loss for my main character, Maggie. Rachel McAdams, maybe?
 
 Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment