Sunday, September 23, 2012

And on the seventh day...

On Sunday we rest. The principal at the Catholic school where I work has asked the faculty to refrain from scheduling school activities on Sunday. It's harder than you might think.
One of the cable channels has been running Julie & Julia. If you don't already know, it's the story of Julie Powell, who commited to preparing 500 of Julia Child's recipes in one year and blogging about it every single day.
I find that inspiring and admirable. But I wonder about the 24/7 world we live in. The Internet is never closed. The worldwide web never sleeps. And what constitutes a "business day" in 2012? Isn't every day a "business day" these days?
I'm taking Sundays off from blogging. I'm sure the world will go on turning, and I'll ahve something better to write if I give myself a day of R & R. I hope you all do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment