Tuesday, October 23, 2012

No such thing as bad publicity?

     The good news is that the local newspaper printed a photo of my recent book-signing.
     The not so good news is appears right beside a picture of a 9 pound sweet potato some woman dug up in her garden. It kind of puts into perspective what passes for news in a small town. Picture the retired farmer opening up the daily paper: "Hmm... this here gal wrote a novel, no doubt with careful attention to developing plot, characters, theme and ... Hey, hold up! THIS gal done growed herself a whopper of a yam! Hand me the scissors, Ma... this one's going on the fridge!"
     It's karma. I joked one too many times about the media in our area. And in truth, I like living in a town where crowds and traffic jams are virtually unknown... and where an unheard-of, self-published author like me can get full color coverage free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment